Did You Know?
- Fresh Montasio makes a great grilled cheese sandwich (the natural rind can be kept on or trimmed off) or try Medium Montasio melted, for a stronger taste.
- Try replacing Mozzarella with Fresh Montasio when making lasagna or pizza.
- Grated, aged Montasio is a great substitute, not only for pasta but for any recipe that calls for parmesan.
- Fry Fresh Montasio to make Frico (a Northern Italian tradition) by cutting into strips or small pieces, fried in a small heavy-duty pan until brown & crispy, then flip (like a pancake). Can also add pre-cooked, chopped onions or potatoes to become an omelette, or add your favorite vegetables.
- Goat cheese is 30% lower in fat & cholesterol than cows milk cheese, and can be used in many recipes.
- Our aged Old Montasio (5 years) cubes, are great for adding to pots of soups, making a sauce (the natural rind will melt slowly in the pot), or makes a great snack. We sell the cubes pre-cut in our store, or we can prepare larger sizes to cut into pieces (good knife is required, as the cheese is very hard).